Streaming sports

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

margin walker
Novice

Re: Streaming sports

Post by margin walker »

Try gobox.tv
You get a free day's trial with every new email address.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Help!? I have always used Cricfree and/or vipleague to watch free rugby not on tv. Both seem to be either infected/blocked or requiring card details for free transmission. Is this a new, temporary condition? Can anyone point me to an alternative?
Thanks in advance.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Getting in early in the hope of a reply. Pro14 is on Premier Sport/Free sport next season. How can I receive this in Switzerland? If it is truly UK/Ireland only any ideas on circumvention, streaming?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

VPN
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Setanta wrote:Getting in early in the hope of a reply. Pro14 is on Premier Sport/Free sport next season. How can I receive this in Switzerland? If it is truly UK/Ireland only any ideas on circumvention, streaming?
Hopefully rugbypass sorts out EU access

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I was checking it out last night Russ. Great price for what you get? Have you tried it?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

damianmcr wrote:I was checking it out last night Russ. Great price for what you get? Have you tried it?
I've looked at it but is it not only in asia currently?

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Yeah but I've a VPN.

Not sure what its Pro14 coverage is like though.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Serious question - I have used VIPleague in the past. Has anyone else used it and if so - Do you have to open a free account for every match you wish to see?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Ok, I need to change my VPN for either UK coverage or Asia coverage. As far as I can see the only choices are Premier sports (UK/Ire only) or RugbyPass (SEAsia only). Does anyone use either and is Pro14 covered? I live in Switzerland so am open to any better ideas; I have not found any.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:VPN
VPN is indeed the answer for all living outside the UK. I'm no expert but in a nutshell, the VPN (I use NordVPN, I think it was $50 for 2 years subscription & the VPN router about £150 and simply plugged in and works without any technical know-how) allows your computer to be "seen" as being in whatever country in the world you want to be thought to be in.

I have checked out with the guys who run my other Magicbox in Spain and although they have Freesports on it they are struggling to add Premier Sport. If they can't work it out in the next month I will take out a subscription for the Premier Sports player at £9.99 per month. This is a streaming service and you have access to all of the games in HD every weekend and can use their catch up to get games you may want to watch throughout that week. You can pay £11.99 and have access to their entire catalogue of sports from they started broadcasting but unless you are an ice-hockey fan or perhaps speedway, that's a waste of time at this point.

I understand you can cancel easily online so only need to pay the sub during the season. Still hoping for my Spanish crowd to come through, but if not, a tenner a month to watch as many of all 154 matches as you can stomach, in HD, seems a fair enough deal.

Now as it's a streaming service - DAMO, as my resident expert on streaming, should I be getting a chromecast yoke to stick the Ulster matches on my TV or is it easy to play through a smart TV using the built-in browser which I have routed through my VPN connection?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I've looked at their site baggy and it seems though they dont officially support smart tvs they say if the video on their homepage plays then the live content should also.

https://www.premierplayer.tv/component/ ... Itemid=111

See here.

I'd be tempted to sign up to Rugbypass but it doesn't show all Pro14 games.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rugbypass is absolute quality
Seems all my dodgy streams are now rugbypass hosted

I'm buying into Premier in September

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:I've looked at their site baggy and it seems though they dont officially support smart tvs they say if the video on their homepage plays then the live content should also.

https://www.premierplayer.tv/component/ ... Itemid=111

See here.

I'd be tempted to sign up to Rugbypass but it doesn't show all Pro14 games.
I only want the Pro14 games Damo, my magic box gives me SKY, BT Sport, Bein, even stuff like NBC Sport, all in HD and if I could be bothered UHD on most, even TV3 and Eir Sport, so Premier is the only missing link. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.