Moderators?

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Moderators?

Post by Rooster »

They say he makes people sleep with the fishes
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:They say he makes people sleep with the fishes
My heads too sore for code
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

No matter what, opinions what a forum is about but Christ this is a poorer one without Baggy.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

222toHounslow wrote:No matter what, opinions what a forum is about but Christ this is a poorer one without Baggy.
Baggy is very alive and well folks :)
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Wee Woman wrote:Sorry Dave, but you have a short memory. This was 100% instigated by Columbo who decided he / she was going to be some smartarse laying down the law on forum etiquette after hanging around for all of 5 bloody minutes.

What happened after that was between Baggy, Fermain and the rest of the mods.

It was everything to do with Columbo and I'm sure there are a good few who agree. The fact that he / she thinks they can swan back on here after all of that and pretend that it didn't happen is a clown in my book.

Watch your backs people, who's to say Columbo won't 'strike' again? If you come on here to be offended I suggest this isn't the forum for you, I think that was stated pretty clearly last time too, yet he / she comes back for more, hmmmm.

Or maybe I'm just not as forgiving as you, Happy New Year to you Dave.

Edited to add that I'm not looking to start an argument with anyone, I'm just calling it like it was.
WW, I think you are dramatically over-estimating my influence! I may be a clown, but I’m not the sinister type who can ‘come for’ someone! I honestly don’t know what you mean, but you have the wrong end of the stick.

Without rehashing the whole thing, I had no issue with being offended – I took issue with the descent of each thread into unedifying playground bieber-for-tat, in which certain posts certainly fell into legally dubious areas. I am led to believe from chats since that this was not a one-off, but more like a pattern over the last couple of years. Messageboards have closed in droves over the years over such behaviour – all I did was flag this.

I have no idea what has happened in the meantime – I looked on here for the first time since a week or two ago. IMO the standard of discourse and proportion of actual rugby-related discussion have both improved considerably. (I can also say that I am by no means the only poster who thinks this)
..one more thing
Ampersand
Novice

Post by Ampersand »

Columbo wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:Sorry Dave, but you have a short memory. This was 100% instigated by Columbo who decided he / she was going to be some smartarse laying down the law on forum etiquette after hanging around for all of 5 bloody minutes.

It was everything to do with Columbo and I'm sure there are a good few who agree. The fact that he / she thinks they can swan back on here after all of that and pretend that it didn't happen is a clown in my book.

Watch your backs people, who's to say Columbo won't 'strike' again? If you come on here to be offended I suggest this isn't the forum for you, I think that was stated pretty clearly last time too, yet he / she comes back for more, hmmmm.

Edited to add that I'm not looking to start an argument with anyone, I'm just calling it like it was.
WW, I think you are dramatically over-estimating my influence! I may be a clown, (may????) but I’m not the sinister type who can ‘come for’ someone! I honestly don’t know what you mean, but you have the wrong end of the stick.

Without rehashing the whole thing, I had no issue with being offended – I took issue with the descent of each thread into unedifying playground bieber-for-tat, in which certain posts certainly fell into legally dubious areas. So long as they're legal, who cares if they're dubious or not?

I am led to believe from chats since that this was not a one-off you been talking to yourself? , but more like a pattern over the last couple of years. Messageboards have closed in droves over the years over such behaviour – all I did was flag this. Much obliged :thumleft: - the rest of us idiots were obviously not able to see this for ourselves ........ but now I come to think of it, I'm offended that you have effectively called us idiots by doing so! :evil: MODS - the bad man called me names ..... sort of!!!! (btw, the correct spelling on THIS messageboard is "fleg").

I have no idea what has happened in the meantime – I looked on here for the first time since a week or two ago. IMO the standard of discourse and proportion of actual rugby-related discussion have both improved considerably. (I can also say that I am by no means the only poster who thinks this) You can say it - don't make you ...... or the others ..... right! >EW
&
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Columbo, how did you come to the conclusion that message boards are closing in droves due to 'such behaviour'?

Why do you feel so offended by this behaviour directed towards your online identity, in this case the husky 1970s fictional detective known as Colombo?
Last edited by Dave on Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Ampersand
Novice

Post by Ampersand »

Dave wrote:Columbo, how did you come to the conclusion that message boards are closing in droves due to 'such behaviour'?

Why do you feel so offended by this behaviour directed towards your online identity, incase the husky 1970s fictional detective known as Colombo?
He's not actually Columbo, he's Peter Falk ........ and Baggy killed him (he didn't really, in case the alleged detective thinks I am libelling Baggy)

I wonder if he (Columbo) was ever warned for breaking the house rules by trying to moderate on the forum instead of bringing these matters directly to the attention of the mods?

Problem is if I ask this on here, I would be guilty of the same thi ...... Oops! :oops:
&
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ampersand wrote:
Dave wrote:Columbo, how did you come to the conclusion that message boards are closing in droves due to 'such behaviour'?

Why do you feel so offended by this behaviour directed towards your online identity, incase the husky 1970s fictional detective known as Colombo?
He's not actually Columbo, he's Peter Falk ........ and Baggy killed him (he didn't really, in case the alleged detective thinks I am libelling Baggy)

I wonder if he (Columbo) was ever warned for breaking the house rules by trying to moderate on the forum instead of bringing these matters directly to the attention of the mods?

Problem is if I ask this on here, I would be guilty of the same thi ...... Oops! :oops:
Who will investigate his death? Miss Marple?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Columbo wrote:

WW, I think you are dramatically over-estimating my influence! I may be a clown, but I’m not the sinister type who can ‘come for’ someone! I honestly don’t know what you mean, but you have the wrong end of the stick.

Without rehashing the whole thing, I had no issue with being offended – I took issue with the descent of each thread into unedifying playground bieber-for-tat, in which certain posts certainly fell into legally dubious areas. I am led to believe from chats since that this was not a one-off, but more like a pattern over the last couple of years. Messageboards have closed in droves over the years over such behaviour – all I did was flag this.

I have no idea what has happened in the meantime – I looked on here for the first time since a week or two ago. IMO the standard of discourse and proportion of actual rugby-related discussion have both improved considerably. (I can also say that I am by no means the only poster who thinks this)
image.jpg
image.jpg (66.38 KiB) Viewed 4177 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

A short statement:

1) Columbo means nothing to me, I care not if he lives or dies. I regard him as something of a fool, making a song and dance about the bad man being unkind about him, a man or woman, hiding behind the fictional character of a fictional character, known only to those whom he may have told in the real world that he is Columbo.

2) Being so sensitive when your identity is utterly secure is, as Dave has pointed out at length, a nonsense. If he has a complaint it most certainly is not one of intimidation or defamation. That is utter bullshit.

However,

3) Columbo has not driven me away from UAFC, my current status as an infrequent poster is only very slightly concerned with him. It is more to do with him being the latest in a very long line of people who proclaim their inadequacy by being offended by people who do not know them or the first thing about them, yet suddenly they feel obliged to tout around the law, or in other case, the wish to fight me, or even poor old Agen-le-tete who was so scared of being shot in the face that he fled to Auckland, knowing I wouldn;t pursue him to a spot frequented my lowlife like Anscombe Snr & Jnr, Air Miles Afoa etc.

The fact is I've simply grown tired of it all and whilst Jackie is probably right that I am unlikely to disappear totally, I have no intention of responding to anyone's bullshit.

So dear readers, I treated you to my seasons greetings, I accepted Fermain's invitation to sum up the first half of the season in a most upbeat fashion & here I am again, however briefly.

Maybe time to put this thread to bed, eh? As my sometime adversary but happily good buddy at Ravenhill, Snipe said, nothing is ever resolved here by posts or PMs, some could take note of his wisdom to understand that such is almost all debate here and I'd imagine on similar well moderated forums.

Such lightly moderated forums where you don't get a drunken oaf moderator banning folk & deleting fellow moderators posts, operates well when folk are somewhat adult and don't get their panties in a bunch about how their fictional persona is received, insulted or bantered.

Over the years I've had a few folk want to "sort me", CIMAN definitely wanted a fight but we are now on tremendous terms as far as I am concerned, Kofi is a man I misunderstood and insulted most grievously, I now regard Kofi as a mate and amongst my favourite posters, similarly Welder is a man of genuine comic genius, Bazzaj is my idea of almost the ideal poster, a man who thinks a lot about his rugby and takes the blows & rolls with whatever metaphorical punches come his way, no hissy fits.

There are many more good souls here and there are those 25 to 30 folk that I have met in real life at Ravenhill and elsewhere, plenty of banter, no fights. :lol:

Be good, life's hard enough with things at Ulster at present. Ironically I've just turned on the TV, I kid you not, on Channel 5 is our old fictional friend, Columbo. The episode is called, "Columbo Cries Wolf". Life sometimes damn near makes me void my bowels guldering, you couldn't make it up. :lol:
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Moderators?

Post by Wee Woman »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Columbo wrote:

image.jpg
I nearly split my coffee all over myself there hahahahaha!

Edited to add that I was laughing at the image, nothing else.

Baggy, I called it Image, hope you're well.

I won't be adding anything more to this thread, I've said all I wanted to say Image
Castlereagh
Novice

Post by Castlereagh »

BaggyTrousers wrote:A short statement:

1) Columbo means nothing to me, I care not if he lives or dies. I regard him as something of a fool, making a song and dance about the bad man being unkind about him, a man or woman, hiding behind the fictional character of a fictional character, known only to those whom he may have told in the real world that he is Columbo.

2) Being so sensitive when your identity is utterly secure is, as Dave has pointed out at length, a nonsense. If he has a complaint it most certainly is not one of intimidation or defamation. That is utter bullshit.

However,

3) Columbo has not driven me away from UAFC, my current status as an infrequent poster is only very slightly concerned with him. It is more to do with him being the latest in a very long line of people who proclaim their inadequacy by being offended by people who do not know them or the first thing about them, yet suddenly they feel obliged to tout around the law, or in other case, the wish to fight me, or even poor old Agen-le-tete who was so scared of being shot in the face that he fled to Auckland, knowing I wouldn;t pursue him to a spot frequented my lowlife like Anscombe Snr & Jnr, Air Miles Afoa etc.

The fact is I've simply grown tired of it all and whilst Jackie is probably right that I am unlikely to disappear totally, I have no intention of responding to anyone's bullshit.

So dear readers, I treated you to my seasons greetings, I accepted Fermain's invitation to sum up the first half of the season in a most upbeat fashion & here I am again, however briefly.

Maybe time to put this thread to bed, eh? As my sometime adversary but happily good buddy at Ravenhill, Snipe said, nothing is ever resolved here by posts or PMs, some could take note of his wisdom to understand that such is almost all debate here and I'd imagine on similar well moderated forums.

Such lightly moderated forums where you don't get a drunken oaf moderator banning folk & deleting fellow moderators posts, operates well when folk are somewhat adult and don't get their panties in a bunch about how their fictional persona is received, insulted or bantered.

Over the years I've had a few folk want to "sort me", CIMAN definitely wanted a fight but we are now on tremendous terms as far as I am concerned, Kofi is a man I misunderstood and insulted most grievously, I know regard Kofi as a mate and amongst my favourite posters, similarly Welder is a man of genuine comic genius, Bazzaj is my idea of almost the ideal poster, a man who thinks a lot about his rugby and takes the blows & rolls with whatever metaphorical punches come his way, no hissy fits.

There are many more good souls here and there are those 25 to 30 folk that I have met in real life at Ravenhill and elsewhere, plenty of banter, no fights. :lol:

Be good, life's hard enough with things at Ulster at present. Ironically I've just turned on the TV, I kid you not, on Channel 5 is our old fictional friend, Columbo. The episode is called, "Columbo Cries Wolf". Life sometimes damn near makes me void my bowels guldering, you couldn't make it up. :lol:
Baggy one ,either you are off the board or you are on it,if your back join in the posts and give us some off your "wisdom",if your not back then let things go,make a call and stick to it ,things that drag on like this can be really tedious,have a good 2015 and SUFTUM (this is still a rugby forum? Yes?) :fleg:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Castlereagh wrote:Baggy one ,either you are off the board or you are on it,if your back join in the posts and give us some off your "wisdom",if your not back then let things go,make a call and stick to it ,things that drag on like this can be really tedious,have a good 2015 and SUFTUM (this is still a rugby forum? Yes?) :fleg:
Who died and made you king of the board?

Do you give us your "wisdom" on every thread, or do you pick and choose what you want to post on?

I think the latter - be a good chap and allow others to do likewise.

I can think of other things that are tedious ......

Bye bye ................. for now!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Castlereagh wrote:Baggy one ,either you are off the board or you are on it,if your back join in the posts and give us some off your "wisdom",if your not back then let things go,make a call and stick to it ,things that drag on like this can be really tedious,have a good 2015 and SUFTUM (this is still a rugby forum? Yes?) :fleg:
Who died and made you king of the board?

Do you give us your "wisdom" on every thread, or do you pick and choose what you want to post on?

I think the latter - be a good chap and allow others to do likewise.

I can think of other things that are tedious ......

Bye bye ................. for now!
Where have you been?