Problem.

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Barney...............i currently use the latest version of Mozilla which is the one i am having problems with.
Have now downloaded the latest version of Firefox and it seemed fine until i went to log on here and it tells me i have an inactive username or incorrect password :banghead:
Anyway the UB site will see even less of me now. I'll keep on using Mozilla cause it has served me well and i have all my bookmarks there.

Rooster, deleted the cookies as you suggested ( what is emptying your cache :oops: ) but it made no difference.
Finally many thanks to all who tried to help me.........if only i hadn't left school at 16 :duh:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

browner wrote:Barney...............i currently use the latest version of Mozilla which is the one i am having problems with.
Have now downloaded the latest version of Firefox and it seemed fine until i went to log on here and it tells me i have an inactive username or incorrect password :banghead:
Fill in your username and password and it shoul keep it for you after the first time
browner wrote:
Rooster, deleted the cookies as you suggested ( what is emptying your cache :oops: ) but it made no difference.
Finally many thanks to all who tried to help me.........if only i hadn't left school at 16 :duh:
In Firefox go to Tools, Options, Privacy and then you will see a list of options clear the cache here.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

I have just downloaded the latest version of Firefox and i seem to have it working fine ( including the password thing).
Rooster do you know how to clear the cache on Mozilla, there is no options link on the tools menu?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

browner wrote: Rooster do you know how to clear the cache on Mozilla, there is no options link on the tools menu?
Edit, Preferences, then Advanced in the categories, Cache (hit the plus sign beside advanced to find) :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

No joy Rooster............think we should leave it there, it's doing my head in.

What i mean is i have cleared the cache.........thanks anyway.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

browner wrote:No joy Rooster............think we should leave it there, it's doing my head in.

What i mean is i have cleared the cache.........thanks anyway.
Thought you could not find the cache for a minute there browner :roll:
Anyway it's doing my head in as well as I can't see the desktop images on the front page of here :scratch: :banghead: :banghead: :scratch:
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

I have just unblocked the pop-ups on the UB site and it has taken that wee blue box away, i'll see how it goes from here.

Thanks again Rooster.

ps.....unfortunately i can't help with your problem :lol:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Rory Best
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

have you changed/updated norton/ browser settings later.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

:dumdum:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

only because I've even changed the image filename to try and help rooster get round it incae that was causing a problem.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I'm a boring old fart who uses IE and McAfee firewall&anti-virus all without a problem. Maybe you boys are trying too hard.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

This morning I'm using IE 6 on my Dad's PC which also has the McAfee Security Centre, although the popup blocking seems to be happening in IE rather than McAfee.

IE reckons there's a coding error on the main UR home page: a missing semi-colon on line 92 :roll:

I can't get any of the links on the main page to work.

Methinks the Sotic folks need to work on their QA.

Register your disapproval here:

http://www.sotic.co.uk/eng/146_17.php
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

barney wrote:
IE reckons there's a coding error on the main UR home page: a missing semi-colon on line 92 :roll:
Nothing new there barney, it's always a bit of a mess, but not nearly as bad as Leinster site :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rory Best