Tappy Talky ... again

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Tappy Talky ... again

Post by BR »

It seems my TappyTalk has been 'upgraded' again - I have come to expect this to mean 'downgraded'.

It seems I now need to log on with a generic tappytalk account if I want to upload photos.

This seems like a pain in the asre.

Is it possible to upload pics direct to UAFC through the TT client, the way I do from my pc browser; rather than have TT host them? And if so, do I still need a TT account?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Tappy Talky ... again

Post by Ithryn »

I've given up visiting the forum on my iphone, as it asks twice each pageload if I want to learn about tapatalk, it pauses the loading process.

I tried the app, it's a bit of a pain to use, would rather just use my browser.
Why? Why not?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Having never considered tappyfackintalky I would be delighted to see more punters dump it.

Nothing I hate more than the "Posted from my.......", possibly hate that more than Thatcher ........ I know, illogical captain. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

I've not had an update come through yet, it was the last one that was fecked up for me although it seems to be working ok now. Out of interest, was your version purchased or the free one BR?

I don't get any system messages asking me if I want to learn more etc. so I wonder is it only those who downloaded the free app who get all this bumph.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I like it. A lot

Must be because you're on iphone. Android is so much better

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Worked out how to get rid of the wee sent from message which i don't like, but it's dead handy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

...see
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I deleted the new version & reinstalled the old free version.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Wee Woman wrote:I've not had an update come through yet, it was the last one that was fecked up for me although it seems to be working ok now. Out of interest, was your version purchased or the free one BR?

I don't get any system messages asking me if I want to learn more etc. so I wonder is it only those who downloaded the free app who get all this bumph.
The system messages that Ithryn refers to are when he visits the uafc forum from a web browser on a mobile device - they are suggesting that he uses the TT app instead.

I had the purchased version, but I think one of the 'up'-grades changed it to basically the free version.

Have you tried to upload a photo recently? That is where my latest problem lies. I'll play about with it and see what happens.

Fermain - what version are you on now?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:I've not had an update come through yet, it was the last one that was fecked up for me although it seems to be working ok now. Out of interest, was your version purchased or the free one BR?

The system messages that Ithryn refers to are when he visits the uafc forum from a web browser on a mobile device - they are suggesting that he uses the TT app instead.

I had the purchased version, but I think one of the 'up'-grades changed it to basically the free version.

Have you tried to upload a photo recently? That is where my latest problem lies. I'll play about with it and see what happens.

Jeeeze BR don't ask him anything complicated like that !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Disabled auto updates on my android phone & tablet so I can keep using the older version
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ColinM wrote:Disabled auto updates on my android phone & tablet so I can keep using the older version
I don't know if this was a software update as such - I didn't notice an update on the client (not in recent weeks). It seems more a policy change on the uploading of pictures to the TT server.

I'm on v 4.3.4 on Android.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

:lol: feck me, it's upgraded!!!! the client is 4.4.12 on Android.

Rooster wrote:
Jeeeze BR don't ask him anything complicated like that !
Oi!, cheeky....Image

However the server stable release version # is 4.3.1

able to upload images fine.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Ok - things had gone from bad to worse so I upgraded to 4.4.12 (latest). Now it's more or less unusable. Certain threads, it just crashes every time you select them. How do I reinstall an old version?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:Ok - things had gone from bad to worse so I upgraded to 4.4.12 (latest). Now it's more or less unusable. Certain threads, it just crashes every time you select them. How do I reinstall an old version?
Tappy Yappy worked well at the start but has gone dodgy since they tried to add more features, numerous operating systems and variations of them must be any developers nightmare at present, I remember the trouble I had with videos before we went onto YouTube and no sooner than all was working someone changed an operating system and half the people had problems again.
Even with Youtube the code used to embed them in posts has changed 4 times since I first started using it and it is not easy finding one that works with Microbollocks and icrap nevermind androids or hemorrhoids !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best