Old Posters Just Fade Away - Calumny

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Old Posters Just Fade Away - Calumny

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I came across the name Ardglass2 and noticed that it is 2 months tomorrow since this gent last gave us the benefit of his opinions.

Now I had the odd minor tiff with him but overall he was often worth reading. He simply vanished without trace and whilst this is commendable rather than the current fad for making a new "goodbye thread" (aka someone please encourage me not to go thread) & posting on several others about your departure, sadly it means that he has quietly slipped beneath the waves without the possibility of some public spirited poster tossing him a life-belt.

Now setting aside that I know he took umbrage at a bit of nose tweaking from myself so there is a possibility that I may be directly responsible this provoked a thought.

Probably the last thing those who spend time in keeping this fine organ trumpeting need but I assume there are stats kicked out by the system. I just had a thought that if there are statistics showing the number of people who have not been active for a period of time, might it be possible to review this occasionally with a view to having "worthwhile" posters return to the fold, perhaps identified by a trigger for those having posted more than "x" number of times?

Just a thought, I usually file other eejits thoughts under W - surprisingly that's W for waster rather than the long version for bin - so I won't hold my breathe. Just unfortunate that regulars choose to disappear, I blame the rise of the numpty, however as a broad church perhaps some attempt to woo back the disaffected might be worth a crack.

And finally, just wondered has any work been done on a new look for next season? Surely the UAFC Fans Forum will have to change to reflect our new status as "The UAFC, Fans Forum of the European Champions" :cheers: :red:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Old Posters Just Fade Away - Calumny

Post by big mervyn »

Often wonder what would happen if the proverbial bus got one of me. I'd just disappear from Cyberspace and no-one would be the wiser.

Anybody remember the lad, allegedly from Inst, who used to regale us with tales and opinions from G'n'T imbibing alickadoo Alec (and his long suffering wife Audrey) from Cherryvelley. Think it was back in the days of the "official" UR forum.

Great poster. Is he around somewhere perhaps in another guise?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Anybody remember the lad, allegedly from Inst, who used to regale us with tales and opinions from G'n'T imbibing alickadoo Alec (and his long suffering wife Audrey) from Cherryvelley. Think it was back in the days of the "official" UR forum.

Great poster. Is he around somewhere perhaps in another guise?
I believe he perished when trying to assist superhero Neil Francis to put the world to rights, they were trapped in a tin hut in a shanty town in Somalia, trying to rescue Mr& Mrs We're not Rich but have a medium sized Yacht. The enemy got ever closer to their position, with hot pieces of lead parting Alec's hair when Frano said "Alec, cover me, I'm going to outflank them, don't panic man, I'll be back with a GnT before you can say "Cheerio chin chin old boy". That was the last thing Alec heard & the last thing he saw was Frano's XXL sized Brennan scuttling away."
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I personally miss Jordy.
His words of wisdom and insight were an inspiration to us all.