Mac & ipad dvds

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Mac & ipad dvds

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

I have DVDs that I want to watch on an iPad. Can anyone tell me the best and/or easiest way to do this? I have a mac if that bears any significance.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Mac & ipad dvds

Post by mikerob »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:I have DVDs that I want to watch on an iPad. Can anyone tell me the best and/or easiest way to do this? I have a mac if that bears any significance.
You need to "rip" the DVD on the computer which basically means copying the information from the DVD onto the computer. The DVD also needs to be converted into a video format that is supported by the iPad. Commercial DVDs are often copy protected so the DVD ripping software needs to get around this.

To be honest, I haven't done this for several years as all of the videos I've wanted to watch have been available through, ahem, other sources, rather than needing to rip DVDs so I haven't got a recommendation for specific DVD ripping software.

You could take a look at this, try it and see how you go.
http://www.macxdvd.com/dvd-ripper-mac-free/

It should allow you to convert the DVD into a format like mp4, you then add the mp4 file into iTunes and sync it with the iPad.