Yellow/red cards

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Yellow/red cards

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I of course am an old fart but surely technobabble is about technical affairs? A little strange to find a thread on moderation here or am I the only one who thinks that ?

The very finest thing about it is that as far as I can recall this is my first visit to technobabble and Indeed had it not been for one of my spies I would not have seen this thread :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then I got to wondering why would an old timer like DL originate a thread on moderation in this of all places and in the very week when I have had cause to chastise him severely for his stupidity on the Tax & pensions thread. Could he have believed he could float this little plan effectively out of plain view?

Nah I thought I'm being paranoid but then I remembered that just because you aren't paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Frankly as one who has done considerable business with the moderators in this life and a past life, although I have made strident efforts to inconvenience them as infrequently as possible, I can say I feel that the moderation is fair on this site. I have served bans, fought off bans by virtue of stating my side of the story otherwise known as the truth and of course to my considerable gratification had a ban overturned by a substantial volume of public support of a level that brought a soupsson of humility to perhaps the least humble poster on the forum, for in all truth I have little to be humble about. (For any worrying about my sanity, don't, I am simply dragging this out a bit because I know DL just hates it when I am wordy though often he will pretend not to have waded through it :wink: )

In short :lol: I suppose I would say that this entire thread is more of Dl thinking he was sneaking off behind my back to tell tales to teacher in the hope that he could rid himself of one of the people who won't let his greater excesses pass without berating him. I know he will post something to the effect that - "there you go, its all about you, waffle waffle waffle" but this thread was reported to me be one of my allies as being "Clearly directed at Dave".

A pretty damned cowardly episode in my opinion and a worthless idea, I suspect Fonz, the dear Father et al will pish themselves laughing at this slight on their moderation or perhaps they may be sufficiently piqued to ban DL as a time-waster. Now that would be supremely amusing justice - the biter bit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must say DL I had thought better of you than this little sneak attack, I know you won't be happy at having your bilge ridiculed yet again but I can only suggest that if you don't wish to be ridiculed, don't be ridiculous.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

namron wrote:Moderators moderate moderately on this board already. Since they have set the forum up of their own volition I believe they have a right to so do at their own discretion . I do not for one see the need for cards and show off refereeing .This thread is all a little silly really .(sorry to have offended anyone :lol: )
Well, well, Namron & brianc in complete & utter total agreement, never thought I would live to see the day :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be vaguely serious though, this forum is genuinely very good regarding low levels of abuse when compared to others, (hats off to all who give up their time to run it :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: ).

To anyone who anyone has ever found my posts abusive, bullying or unnecessarily aggressive, can I offer my most sincere & humble condolences for being such a precious, oversensitive, mind numbingly stupid pr*ck , (oops, done it again :cry: )
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote: You might not agree with me ridiculing your posts. Perhaps if you thought before you posted we wouldn't be in this pickle, would we? It's moronic, brainless goons who ruin this site. Not the fine folks who spend considerable time and effort trying to highlight the error of their ways. For all I know, were I or goonhead not to 'chastise' or 'instruct' some of you clowns, you might step out onto a busy road without looking. You might put a knife in the toaster. Take the electric heater with you when you're having a bath. Shave your ar$e and wipe your face with bog roll.
Welder you really are returning to type.
I really hate to burst your bubble, but you are not in Baggy's league. You have neither the wit nor the vocabulary to set up stall as a wordsmith in the way he does.
Sorry Snipe I am indebted to you for starting the successful campaign to have my 2 week ban overturned but the above selected piece of magic from Welder is not simply instructive but murderously funny. Welder & I are clearly not everyone's cup of bananas and each with there own style, him short, sharp, pithy and endlessly entertaining with a fine sense of right & wrong and me with a more wordy style and a man who, were he employed as a moderator of seal population would prefer the cudgel to bludgeon their gormless wide-eyed bakes that to administer a shot behind the ear, but I simply can't abide the mean insults he has endure.

Welder is a man on the side of the angels, a man who stands up for this forum at great personal cost to ensure it doesn't become a dull witless home for one lined comments devoid of any imagination, a man who has a highly sensitive bullshit monitor and the honesty to deliver his personal brand of medicine to the dimwit, the ninnyhammer, the loolygagger plus of course sundry buffoons and the oaves & chubes of the forum, fortunately not too numerous but a danger to the forum nevertheless. It is indubitably true that your average oaf will not enjoy being chastised but is it fair to the rest of the forum that unfettered idiocy should be allowed to become the norm? - I should say here that I find Norm endlessly entertaining also. :wink:

For too long Welder has waged a lonely war on crass numptism and I feel we should praise his selfless efforts rather than side with those who would threaten gagging orders or a death sentence. It is too easy for people to sit back and do nothing or to cower in fear in the corner afraid to open one's mouth when tomfoolery raises its ugly head & dullards with slavering maws where a bake should be, sally forth from their dark lairs spouting palpable nonsense.

FFS that is why the paramilitaries hold sway in so many parts of our beloved Ulster, people were too frightened to stand against the gale and rail against injustice. The smooth easy path in life is the easy option, it takes large clankers in your beg to stand and say, "not on my watch mate, I will not simply stand by when wrongs are committed".

Maybe some should learn to appreciate the efforts of those who seek to encourage and cajole idiots into decent posters. This can be achieved mark my words, though the names will remain unnamed to protect the innocent. It is deeply rewarding to see ones efforts blossom as an ex-clown comes good and posts with commendable good sense, but it requires effort & patience and from time to time the opprobrium of those who whilst not themselves chubes don't have the imagination to see the quality work being done on their behalf or perhaps being uncomfortable with the methods. To them I offer the old mantra - no pain, no gain.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote: You might not agree with me ridiculing your posts. Perhaps if you thought before you posted we wouldn't be in this pickle, would we? It's moronic, brainless goons who ruin this site. Not the fine folks who spend considerable time and effort trying to highlight the error of their ways. For all I know, were I or goonhead not to 'chastise' or 'instruct' some of you clowns, you might step out onto a busy road without looking. You might put a knife in the toaster. Take the electric heater with you when you're having a bath. Shave your ar$e and wipe your face with bog roll.
Welder you really are returning to type.
I really hate to burst your bubble, but you are not in Baggy's league. You have neither the wit nor the vocabulary to set up stall as a wordsmith in the way he does.
Sorry Snipe I am indebted to you for starting the successful campaign to have my 2 week ban overturned but the above selected piece of magic from Welder is not simply instructive but murderously funny. Welder & I are clearly not everyone's cup of bananas and each with there own style, him short, sharp, pithy and endlessly entertaining with a fine sense of right & wrong and me with a more wordy style and a man who, were he employed as a moderator of seal population would prefer the cudgel to bludgeon their gormless wide-eyed bakes that to administer a shot behind the ear, but I simply can't abide the mean insults he has endure.

Welder is a man on the side of the angels, a man who stands up for this forum at great personal cost to ensure it doesn't become a dull witless home for one lined comments devoid of any imagination, a man who has a highly sensitive bullshit monitor and the honesty to deliver his personal brand of medicine to the dimwit, the ninnyhammer, the loolygagger plus of course sundry buffoons and the oaves & chubes of the forum, fortunately not too numerous but a danger to the forum nevertheless. It is indubitably true that your average oaf will not enjoy being chastised but is it fair to the rest of the forum that unfettered idiocy should be allowed to become the norm? - I should say here that I find Norm endlessly entertaining also. :wink:

For too long Welder has waged a lonely war on crass numptism and I feel we should praise his selfless efforts rather than side with those who would threaten gagging orders or a death sentence. It is too easy for people to sit back and do nothing or to cower in fear in the corner afraid to open one's mouth when tomfoolery raises its ugly head & dullards with slavering maws where a bake should be, sally forth from their dark lairs spouting palpable nonsense.

FFS that is why the paramilitaries hold sway in so many parts of our beloved Ulster, people were too frightened to stand against the gale and rail against injustice. The smooth easy path in life is the easy option, it takes large clankers in your beg to stand and say, "not on my watch mate, I will not simply stand by when wrongs are committed".

Maybe some should learn to appreciate the efforts of those who seek to encourage and cajole idiots into decent posters. This can be achieved mark my words, though the names will remain unnamed to protect the innocent. It is deeply rewarding to see ones efforts blossom as an ex-clown comes good and posts with commendable good sense, but it requires effort & patience and from time to time the opprobrium of those who whilst not themselves chubes don't have the imagination to see the quality work being done on their behalf or perhaps being uncomfortable with the methods. To them I offer the old mantra - no pain, no gain.
Nah, don't agree.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Yellow/red cards

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Humbled.

Watching Spartacus on Sky+

Boobs in z bath, then a guy getting hit in the face with a sword.

Baggys kind words have just paled into insignificance...
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

:sleeping: I fell asleep after, ''is a man on the side of the angels''..... :duck:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

fermain wrote::sleeping: I fell asleep after, ''is a man on the side of the angels''..... :duck:
Shocking form Fermain, you appear to be copying DL for I'm damned sure there isn't a man jack who would want to have read the full story :wink:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

fermain wrote::sleeping: I fell asleep after, ''is a man on the side of the angels''..... :duck:
You got further than me Fermain. :lol: :lol:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I wonder if yellow cards were introduced for whingers how much time would DL find himself on the sidelines for?

>TH >TH
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Snipe,I know you to be a man of good character and a man who believes in the good book & its teachings. Could you advise which of the 10 commandments say "Thou shalt not fib to make a wee joke on internet forums" ?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Snipe,I know you to be a man of good character and a man who believes in the good book & its teachings. Could you advise which of the 10 commandments say "Thou shalt not fib to make a wee joke on internet forums" ?
No fibbing involved. As soon as I realised it was a defence of Welder, I lost interest.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

That hurts so much Snipe, i genuinely thought folk hung on my every word :lol:
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
Scranner wrote:Someone asked a while ago where all the posters had gone. IMO they got fed up with having to wade through all the excrement to find posts they could enjoy or contribute to without being subjected to abuse. I'm all for sanctions for personal attacks and red and yellow cards seem to be the perfect answer. A warning from the mods, followed by yellow (a week's suspension) followed by red (a month). Two red cards and you're out for six months.
Ho ho, one of the funnier posts I've read in a while.
Spoken like a shy ginger kid who has just been slapped across the chops and been given a wedgie. Tell me, do you feel picked on? Victimised? Made to feel inadequate?

Absolutely not and certainly not by a numpty like you who seems to think that seems to think he has a divine right to ridicule others' posts. You sound like the gormless idiot (bully) who made smaller, younger kids' life a misery at school and before you ask - no I wasn't one of them.

You might not agree with me ridiculing your posts. Perhaps if you thought before you posted we wouldn't be in this pickle, would we? It's moronic, brainless goons who ruin this site. Not the fine folks who spend considerable time and effort trying to highlight the error of their ways. For all I know, were I or goonhead not to 'chastise' or 'instruct' some of you clowns, you might step out onto a busy road without looking. You might put a knife in the toaster. Take the electric heater with you when you're having a bath. Shave your ar$e and wipe your face with bog roll.

I think before I post and I stand by my right to be wrong or to have a different opinion from others. I'm not intimidated by name calling nor am I being precious. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If it's half a*sed it does no harm to point that out but I always thought that there was merit in constructive criticism not just slagging for its own sake. Then again perhaps you want to keep the site all to yourself and your mates with nobody else getting a look in. And that just makes you an Brennan.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Maybe time to remember that this half-assed thread is just another bit of nonsense from DL & a sense of perspective might help all concerned whether or not they are on the side of the angels.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:Folks like me just dont go away.
I know you may fancy yourself as the board's resident bad boy, but if I'm being honest, I wasn't thinking about you at all when I was making this suggestion.. sorry to disappoint :)
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden