Match Time

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Pedroprop
Novice

Match Time

Post by Pedroprop »

Wee suggestion - the site states Aironi start at 19 - 05. That's correct for their local time but not in NI. Perhaps it would be better to show kickoff in NI time, or if u want to show it in local (Italian) time make that clear.
I am, however, grateful on reflection that I only had to watch that dreadful rugby from 7-05 onwards !
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Match Time

Post by fermain »

oops, never thought of that before. :oops: :duh:
I'll be sure to adjust for the future other Italian/French away games
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Pedroprop wrote:Wee suggestion - the site states Aironi start at 19 - 05. That's correct for their local time but not in NI. Perhaps it would be better to show kickoff in NI time, or if u want to show it in local (Italian) time make that clear.
I am, however, grateful on reflection that I only had to watch that dreadful rugby from 7-05 onwards !
It is standard practice for competition organisers to use local time.

forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11550 alerted users here to the Italian time difference.

What should a site do? Report time as local to the 'Home' of the site or leave it at local to the Venue?

What of games in Japan, NZ, Australia etc?

Magners whilst using local venue time display match order on their fixture list based on time irrespective of which country that time refers to. Hence you have the Leinster game this weekend appearing to start before the Ulster game. :duh:

There is a problem but I personally would leave it at local time - less work and reduced possibility of site error.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Problem then becomes the interpretation of local time, is it local time where match is being played or local time here for the message board, then you have the exiles on here who all have different local times so everything becomes about as clear as a Scottish referees interpretation of what the props are at in the front row :shock: :duck: :stir: :compress: :shaking2:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Rooster wrote:Problem then becomes the interpretation of local time, is it local time where match is being played or local time here for the message board, then you have the exiles on here who all have different local times so everything becomes about as clear as a Scottish referees interpretation of what the props are at in the front row :shock: :duck: :stir: :compress: :shaking2:
And back 2 centuries for games in Munster? :D I suspect Shan might say back 320 years for games at Ravenhill.

The board warnings were appreciated even if the game wasn't. :thumright:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

for dog and ulcer wrote:
Rooster wrote:Problem then becomes the interpretation of local time, is it local time where match is being played or local time here for the message board, then you have the exiles on here who all have different local times so everything becomes about as clear as a Scottish referees interpretation of what the props are at in the front row :shock: :duck: :stir: :compress: :shaking2:
And back 2 centuries for games in Munster? :D I suspect Shan might say back 320 years for games at Ravenhill.

The board warnings were appreciated even if the game wasn't. :thumright:
And if Willie Faloon is playing he starts at 5:35 pm for a 7:05 pm kick off as they run about 1.5 hours behind in Keady :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best