Tweets of Worcester v Ulster last night

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Tweets of Worcester v Ulster last night

Post by mikerob »

You can get software to aggregate twitter feeds or trends for inclusion on a website - Juitter is one example. This means getting down and dirty with the website code, however...
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

And more geekery, a Wordle view of the tweets.
ulswusswordle.jpg
ulswusswordle.jpg (75.07 KiB) Viewed 993 times
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

here's a joke for you guys:

btw you can twitter via sms - requires enabling something on your twitter account but then you can send an update by msg
is this how fru achieved their notifications on friday? or were they smart-phoning/iphoning it?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »

Rooster wrote:
On the number of unique viewers I would take those with a pinch of salt FRU unless you can actually get a list of ip's , I've noticed on another Wordpress site that sometimes a page refresh will show as a unique user :roll: was working on a page one night and noticed I was being watched by several hundred "unique" viewers, yet no one else knew of the page or site.
Don't be so patronising Rooster I verify my viewers from three different sources. >TT
Save the Cheerleader, Save Hollywood Mike!

http://thefrontrowunion.com
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The FRU wrote:
Rooster wrote:
On the number of unique viewers I would take those with a pinch of salt FRU unless you can actually get a list of ip's , I've noticed on another Wordpress site that sometimes a page refresh will show as a unique user :roll: was working on a page one night and noticed I was being watched by several hundred "unique" viewers, yet no one else knew of the page or site.
Don't be so patronising Rooster I verify my viewers from three different sources. >TT
Not disputing just mentioning a problem I noticed but if you are using other outside sources figure is probably correct. >TM >TC
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:here's a joke for you guys:

btw you can twitter via sms - requires enabling something on your twitter account but then you can send an update by msg
is this how fru achieved their notifications on friday? or were they smart-phoning/iphoning it?

Don't get it :scratch:

Mike was twittering with an iphone app - I think FRU were just embedding his stuff onto their site.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

To broadcast live, I have listened to things broadcast live over the internet using iphones and Ustream.

No idea of the technical bits though.
Why? Why not?
Lanzaman
Initiate

Post by Lanzaman »

Rooster wrote: On the video front mikerob has discovered how to snaffle the BBC iplayer stuff and put on YouTube, so along with what I swipe from Sky, Setanta and BBC televised matches we should have some video from every match.
The 2 iplayer videos from Newcastle and Viadana matches are online now quality not as good because of multiple processing between source and final destination but hope of use to Lanzaman, Setanta and all the others exiled around the world.
Both available at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheUAFC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDBdbbIO-2Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2jz_u2j3sU
Cheers to all of you who make following Ulster from afar a helluva a lot easier with tweets / videos / texts - keep up the good work :salut: :thumleft: