Streaming sports

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Streaming sports

Post by Dave »

You purchase the subscription which enables you to stream the games over the internet via the app. You need the VPN because it is only available in the UK.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Which one?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The subsrciption is to premier sports.

http://www.premiersports.com/
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

When I hit subscribe it asks for the platform - I want to stream on the PC not on TV? Thank you for being patient with this dinosaur.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Do you have sky or virgin?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'm not subscribing until September when the league starts so I'm not sure.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:I'm not subscribing until September when the league starts so I'm not sure.
31st August is first match is it not ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:I'm not subscribing until September when the league starts so I'm not sure.
31st August is first match is it not ?
I'll commence it on the 30th.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Setanta wrote:When I hit subscribe it asks for the platform - I want to stream on the PC not on TV? Thank you for being patient with this dinosaur.

Santa, when you hit subscribe now you should have these options:

Sky
Virgin
Premier Player

You want Premier Player, that streams it to your PC/mobile/tablet/whatever. Remember you need a UK address and a device that makes Premier Player think you are in the UK.

Without wanting to complicate life, then if you have the appropriate tech, you can cast it onto your tv. to watch on bigger screen.

:thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I think Premier player comes with the first two anyway so I'd pick them first. Double check though.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:I think Premier player comes with the first two anyway so I'd pick them first. Double check though.

I could be wrong Damo - though of course I seldom am, but the three options to me give you the choice of SKY or Virgin or Premier Player, which is the streaming option rather than a TV platform.

If Santa is indeed Cantonese >EW he will not have either of the first two options so needs Premier Player (the streaming option) but also needs to have a VPN with which to convince Premier Player that it is being accessed from the UK.

I'm waiting to see what Eir Sports, which I have through my Magicbax, will be offering before taking out a subscription, if they have all the Irish provinces games I'll live with that, otherwise, I'll be subscribing via Premier player.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Yes but if you pick Sky you can get it online too.
If you are a current Premier Sports SKY subscriber then this service is available free as part of your current TV subscription.
Maybe you know someone back home who has it on Sky who will share the login details.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I have Sky but not sure I'll link my Premier to it

Change my mind

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:Yes but if you pick Sky you can get it online too.
If you are a current Premier Sports SKY subscriber then this service is available free as part of your current TV subscription.
Maybe you know someone back home who has it on Sky who will share the login details.
I was going to say: FFFS Damo, he doesn't have SKY.

Then I noticed you are as daft as a Fax, red bushy tail and black whiskers.

That's a decent option too................ if you have a tame friend who is happy to share. Of course, being a Warren Gatland, I don't have such things, hence it would never have occurred to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Premier Sports - I was away for a long weekend and now it recognises I am in a different region. Before it worked perfectly. I use TunnelBear set to the UK and a GMX address. Has something changed? Anyone else abroad having difficulties? Thanks in advance, cheerio, Setanta